Friday, August 13, 2010

Power to you, GOOGLE!!!

Chill, before you guys start yelling around that I’m a Google fanboy, hear me out first k Smile
So, today morning, after Sahur, I was on the net as usual, and,since I didn’t have any e-mails, no one was online (kantoi sleeping after sahur !Smile with tongue out), so I was pretty bored. And, when I’m bored, I usually open up Google Maps…


Yeah, I know, it seems kinda lame, I mean, anyone else would probably be on YouTube, or watching movies, but well, learning about the planet we live on is cool in it’s own way Smile.



Anyways, if you’ve used Google Maps recently, you would’ve noticed that they’ve added an Orange man above the zoom bar…
Peggy
Now, the cool thing about Peg-man is that he can fly! Wheeeee…
Flying man

“So what”, you might be wondering, well, if I’m looking at maps in Malaysia, it ain’t much use, but, when looking at maps in certain countries (USA, UK, Singapore…) it has a really cool use. See below…
flying man wolverhampton
So, as you can see, in Malaysia (first pic) Peg-man is gray, means he’s not active, while in the second pic, he’s orange Smile Means, he’s ready to roll… Now, what happens when I drop him on the street? hahaha, check out the pics below Smile
streetview
BAM! Wowie, what happened here? Hahahhaa, no worries, it’s Google Maps latest addition, Streetview. The concept is real, simple, drive a car with a Built in camera and GPS tracker on all the roads of a country, capturing pictures as it travels along, then feed the pictures into a computer to turn them into a 3d panorama.
Simply put, you can explore all the streets of the countries of the world, right from your home computer Smile Ain’t that neat?

Tada, that’s the car they used. The camera kinda looks like an antenna from an alien ship Open-mouthed smile.
So, as usual, with my perasan-ness, first place I decided to key in was, of course, RWS (Royal Wolverhampton School), the place I’m flying to this 31st August, and boy, check out the pics below….
Entrance angle 2
That’s the guardhouse up there Smile
RWS senior school entrance
School Entrance Signboard….
RWS full front
Whew, and that’s the main building…. Wowee, it kinda reminds me a bit of Hogwarts hahahaha… But, then, I guess, if your going to a 160-year-old school, it’ll definitely look castle like, no? Though, it would still be cool if they taught magic here Smile with tongue out hahahaha…
OK, so, now, you know about Street View! Great. So, where will you explore now? Tell me in the comments section Smile For me, I’ll probably see if I can get a Peek at Princeton’s campus. I hear it’s really beautiful in the springtime.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it…
Till next time,
Asyrique XOXO

1 nudges:

Kai Hoe said...

TESTING TESTING 123

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Soul-searching inspiration? Death threats? Post em' right here :)